The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization working to drive bold, science-based action to rebuild Coastal Louisiana through outreach, restoration and advocacy. CRCL unites business leaders, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, government agencies, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens to advance restoration for the benefit of people and nature.
We are looking for a motivated Communication Associate to join CRCL’s growing Communications Team. The Communications Associate will be responsible for assisting the Communications Director and current staff with social media, public relations, video production and communication efforts of CRCL. The successful applicant will join an energetic, talented team and enjoy a high-energy, flexible work environment.
- Assist in executing communication strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Help develop more effective and creative communication through several social media platforms.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social media.
- Assist in developing more effective website and social media optimization.
- Help create interesting and innovative video content for web and social media.
- Assist in the creation of collateral materials and other graphic elements.
- Write press releases, web content and other pieces as needed.
- Other activities and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing and one year experience in communications, such as public relations, advertising, journalism preferred. Work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management.
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Superior organizational skills; attention to detail a must.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of hard work, and effectiveness.
- Experience with Google Analytics, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere or similar video-editing software preferred.
This position is an entry level position located in Baton Rouge. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 28, 2017.