We are looking for a motivated, dependable student intern with an interest in coastal restoration and protection. The student intern will be responsible for assisting current staff in the daily operations, communications and social media efforts of CRCL. The successful applicant will join an energetic, talented team and enjoy a high-energy, flexible work environment.
- Help raise CRCL’s social media profile, and develop more effective and creative communication through several social media platforms
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social media
- Work with staff to develop more effective website and social media optimization
- Assist in the creation of collateral materials and other graphic elements
- Assist with donor relations including mailing membership gifts, thank you letters and other correspondence
- Assist with preparations for special events including board meetings, outreach events and fundraisers
- Answer phones, make copies, file, organize and perform other general office duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organized; attention to detail a must
- Energetic, positive and professional attitude
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Proficiency with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Premiere or similar video-editing software a plus
Compensation / Timeframe:
Compensation will be based on qualifications up to $10 per hour. This student job is a 6-month internship located in Baton Rouge, LA. We can offer a flexible work schedule, not to exceed 28 hours per week within normal office hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to apply is March 21, 2017.